Hanahan

In 1903 Mr. Ross Hanahan was Chariman and a chemist with the Commissioners of Public Works in the City of Charleston, South Carolina.  The first construction at the now present water works was a pumping station completed in 1903.  The pumping station was named the Saxon Pumping Station.  The Atlantic Coast Line Railroad built a station at Highland Park which was named the Saxon Stop in 1719.  The name of Saxon Pumping Station and the Atlantic Coast Line Railroad Station at Highland Park was re-named Hanahan Pumping Station and Hanahan Stop after Mr. Ross Hanahan.  The reason for the name change was because there was a Saxon, North Carolina on the Atlantic Coast Line.  Freight destined for the Commissioners of Public Works was disbursed in Saxon, North Carolina.  Freight arriving via Seaboard Railroad located on the north side of the City of Hanahan had to be trucked via Remount Road, west on Highway 52 and right on Hanahan into the water works area.  The reason for this route was there was no bridge across Turkey Creek on Murray Drive.

Search Hanahan Homes for Sale

New Listings

Featured picture for the property 19017685
$220,000
Hanahan, SC
4
beds
2
baths
Listing courtesy of CHARLESTON
Featured picture for the property 19017562
$350,000
Hanahan, SC
4
beds
3
baths
Listing courtesy of CHARLESTON
Featured picture for the property 19017490
$315,000
Hanahan, SC
4
beds
3
baths
Listing courtesy of CHARLESTON
Featured picture for the property 19017440
$285,000
Hanahan, SC
3
beds
3
baths
Listing courtesy of CHARLESTON
Featured picture for the property 19017244
$289,000
Hanahan, SC
3
beds
3
baths
Listing courtesy of CHARLESTON
Charleston Trident listings last updated Jun 15, 2019 6:21:pm.

Today's Market Trends for Hanahan *

$316,870

-0.07%

$146

-0.03%

104

0.06%

May

April

 

98

101

 

 

-0.03%

0.17%

Chart Temporarily Unavailable
Chart Temporarily Unavailable

* All data pertains to single-family homes